Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pride is not always a sin.

I met someone today, who joked about being from another land, another country - because his wasn't considered 'cool' enough! I was exasperated! Maybe it was a joke after all, but it just led me to think more about this.

How can you not be proud of where you come from? Your country would always be yours and you her's. To that land, you would always belong. I for one, don't have anything other than pride for my own country! I love belonging to her and calling her my home.

I do realise that my previous post was about a song written against lines drawn on pieces of land. I am probably dividing the world into mine and yours as well. It may sound extremely hypocritical of me to write what I have written, but I also have to understand that these lines have already been drawn and the marks have been singed onto our skins. There is nothing more to do than to be proud of your own and to respect that that belongs to the others.

I sit here in a foreign land that I absolutely love and it has accepted me like one of its own. I respect this land for what it is and have already given a piece of my heart to it as well, but that doesn't make me any less proud of what I have back home!

No matter how many pieces I give away, you my land, will always have the biggest of them all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment