I have always believed in one theory. The more you have, the more you'd be willing to share. I remember telling my mother as a kid, "Ma, I'd share more if I had more. I don't like to share when I have just one for my own!" I was talking about chocolates that day. I am talking about everything else today.
Even as kids we knew that sharing was easy when our pockets were full. It's true for when we grow up too. It's easier to give anything from love, smiles, compliments to gifts and money, when you have an abundance of the same. How do you give when you have very little in your life? You just won't understand what to keep and what to give.
I was watching a documentary on television an hour back which showcased a little girl asking her father for a bicycle to ride to school. Her father couldn't afford a daily supply of food for the family, how were he to manage the luxury of a cycle for his little daughter?
Her demand wasn't unreasonable. Asking your father for a bicycle is the most normal thing to do. Unfortunately, her father's pockets weren't full and he just couldn't share.
Fortunately, that little fact struck me. We have it too easy. You and I, we have it way too easy. How do we know if what we have in our lives is much, little or very little? Who decides that? Desires and ambitions are unstoppable. We can keep feeding them and yet there is a very big chance, they'd still be hungry for more.
We, you and I, need to start giving now. We need to recognise what we already have. We need to know that it's healthy to ask more from your life, but only when you have counted all of your blessings first.
We need to start giving now because our fathers bought us bicycles as kids, and that is already much too much.
Even as kids we knew that sharing was easy when our pockets were full. It's true for when we grow up too. It's easier to give anything from love, smiles, compliments to gifts and money, when you have an abundance of the same. How do you give when you have very little in your life? You just won't understand what to keep and what to give.
I was watching a documentary on television an hour back which showcased a little girl asking her father for a bicycle to ride to school. Her father couldn't afford a daily supply of food for the family, how were he to manage the luxury of a cycle for his little daughter?
Her demand wasn't unreasonable. Asking your father for a bicycle is the most normal thing to do. Unfortunately, her father's pockets weren't full and he just couldn't share.
Fortunately, that little fact struck me. We have it too easy. You and I, we have it way too easy. How do we know if what we have in our lives is much, little or very little? Who decides that? Desires and ambitions are unstoppable. We can keep feeding them and yet there is a very big chance, they'd still be hungry for more.
We, you and I, need to start giving now. We need to recognise what we already have. We need to know that it's healthy to ask more from your life, but only when you have counted all of your blessings first.
We need to start giving now because our fathers bought us bicycles as kids, and that is already much too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment