There is something about reminiscing and promising that keeps our flames alive. Now, I'm not a big realist and I realise that even more as I'm getting older. I like being in an imperfect world. A world that looks exactly as I think it to be and not the one that is available. And some how both 'reminiscing' and 'promising' take me to places that are not happening at the very moment.
It's wonderful to look back upon 'how it all began'! It's like revisiting the past keeping emotions from the present. A looking glass more so, with glasses made of reality. It's calming to revisit the sunny and warm places of your life and sit by the cool shady trees.
Promises, they give me hope. You hope to fulfill each one of them and honour their birth. You hope to be a part of the future not as it might unravel itself to be but just as you see it unwinding now.
But even as I write these sentences, the present peeps out from them both! It links them and melds them together. Because without the 'now', the memories and promises just won't make sense. Would they?
One gorgeous day as we sat by the usual spot, with our random banter and half pints of beer, 'H' and I reminisced and made promises! I loved how it ended because, she couldn't have asked for a better promise and I couldn't possibly have given a better one! I am going to be a Godmother some day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment