Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the first lasts

The first firsts, the last lasts, the last firsts and the first lasts are always worth writing about, however inconsequential they may sound to others.

I just graduated. ("Finally!", most people say. I was pursuing a four year course). After spending 4 years in a city I had loved since my birth and had grown to love even more after studying there, I had to leave it. My silly emotional heart sank and wanted nothing but to go back to what was. To take it all in, yet again.
However, I have finally come to terms with not being there and not calling it 'my world'. I'm going to miss my home pretty soon anyway. A lot.

I will soon be leaving for my masters and I am super psyched about it.

I'm trying to make the most of these last few days of doing nothing. Of being so free that the 'doing-nothing' has started gnawing at my conscience. I have started itching for work severely and I like it that I have. I will probably work harder and better when I finally come around it! (Oh yes, I have weird philosophies!)

I'm not complaining about this terrible heat, the scorching sun and no rains - cause pretty soon I'll be living in a city with an excruciatingly cold weather and perpetual showers.

I am not missing my italian and thai food for once, cause pretty soon that will be all that I get. I'm happy with my home-cooked-and-served-hot-without-lifting-a-finger meals.

I'm just counting my blessings! My numerous blessings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment