Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Believe.

I believe everybody must believe in something. However, I also believe that we should choose our beliefs carefully. For that would define who we are.
I have learnt to accept certain things, to stand by a few and to dismiss certain others. It’s been only 21 years since I first breathed, and I believe I have a lot to learn. But through these years, I have missed believing in something so much that I could go on debating on it. I have missed putting my faith into something with so much conviction that nobody can shake the foundations of my belief. I will wait for such events to take place. Till then…

I believe that
~ The Earth is still a wonderful place to live on, and I wouldn’t want to exchange my place with the residents of Mars, Jupiter or Saturn for that matter.
~ Aliens are for real.
~ Reading Harry Potter when I’m depressed helps me pep up, for reading about this horribly unfortunate boy sure uplifts my spirit!
~ Everyone should read. Fiction, non-fiction or anything you can lay your hands on. Just read people.
~ Cooking is not such a hard thing to learn.
~ I could be a pretty decent cook myself!
~ I have never really believed in Santa Claus.
~ Wishing is a very selfish act.
~ Happiness is overrated. The worst thing is that you seldom come to know how unhappy others really are.
~ Ghosts exist.
~ I am a good dancer.
~ What Atticus from ‘To Kill a Mocking Bird” said to his daughter Scout was true. He had said, “Most people are nice Scout, when you finally see them.”
~ In God. It gives me hope.
~ There is no place like home.
~ Love actually makes this world go ‘round.
~ Scrabble, Monopoly, Taboo and Pictionary were all invented by geniuses.
~ It’s never too late.
~ Getting hurt emotionally is everybody's greatest fear.
~ People who don’t read, miss their chance of meeting people not only from the present but also the past.
~ I will make a good Graphic Designer.
~ I am extremely proud of being an Indian.
~ Not throwing garbage on the streets also means a little something for your nation.
~ Reading meaningful quotes and phrases from books I have read, helps me when I’m in a bad mood.
~ I would not survive a single day with only myself. I’d want people all around me.
~ The color Yellow sums up my personality.
~ I think a lot, and that I should give myself a break.
~ A borderless world is not yet a reality.
~ I am extremely proud of being proud.
~ Love is conditional. Period.
~ Dental pain like Ogden Nash describes in one of his poems is the worst kind of pain.
~ Roald Dahl’s poems are brilliant.
~ Expectations kill a relationship, and yet I always end up doing the same.
~ You can’t love people if you keep judging them.
~ 21 is the best year of ones life! (This statement can also stem from the fact that I just turned 21).
~ Perfection should not really exist. There is nowhere to go then.
~ You can fall in love again, and again, and again.
~ The blinking cursor, makes me want to write more!
~ Wasting water should be a punishable offence.
~ Things happen when you least expect them to.
~ Curiosity kills the cat and satisfaction 'almost' always brings it back.
~ I can never be very sweet. It’ll kill me.
~ Draupadi from the Indian mythology, must have been a really troubled woman. Yes, she was the one with five husbands.
~ Make-up doesn’t hide flaws. It simply accentuates beauty.
~ I’d be so much more happier without those few extra pounds!
~ I have no other option but to work it out. :)
~ My roommate’s cat knows exactly what I’m thinking.
~ I strive to be a better person every day.

Don’t stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment